- The Wall Street Journal reported that semiconductor giant Intel is planning to list its Mobileye self-driving car unit, which may be valued at $50 billion, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk spoke about what’s next for the auto maker and SpaceX in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. Watch the full interview here.
- Executives at Instagram, which is owned by Meta, formerly known as Facebook , unveiled new features that they say will make their platform safer for teens to use.
- Private-equity firm Permira will acquire cybersecurity-software developer Mimecast in an all-cash deal that values the company at $5.8 billion.
- Coupa Software said its loss in the third quarter widened from a year earlier as operating expenses jumped.
- Health savings account manager HealthEquity reported a loss in the recent quarter and said it expects a full-year loss as well.
- British pharma giant GlaxoSmithKline said new early-stage studies showed its antibody medication is effective against the Omicron coronavirus variant, adding to data provided last week.
- Software maker GitLab ’s first results as a public company revealed a wider quarterly loss than Wall Street expected.
- Database company MongoDB raised its full-year guidance above analysts’ estimates.
- Shares of cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase ticked higher, reversing direction after closing down for five straight trading sessions. Bitcoin rose above $51,000, recovering after touching a low of $42,000 on Saturday.
- Auto parts retailer AutoZone reported higher quarterly earnings per share than Wall Street’s estimates.
- Apparel company Designer Brands posted a surge in profit.
- Toll Brothers , ChargePoint , Stitch Fix , Dave & Buster’s , Avid Bioservices and Casey’s General Stores are expected to post earnings after markets close.
Chart of the Day
- Fears about the economic impact of the new Covid-19 variant have hit bank stocks hard, but they are still on track for their best year in more than two decades.
Write to Anna Hirtenstein at email@example.com